CLINICAL LEADER - EMERGENCY DEPARTMENTApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: MAN001ZI
DescriptionJob Summary: The Clinical Leader (CL) is an RN currently licensed in North Carolina (or license eligible) with three to five years of clinical nursing experience and possesses a minimum of a bachelor of science in nursing degree or completion of such degree within three years. The CL possesses the knowledge and skills to effectively apply all aspects of the nursing process and care management principles. The CL facilitates the implementation of health promotion and prevention practice within a collaborative and interdisciplinary setting. The CL demonstrates the leadership, experience and creative approaches in the management of complex patient care in a defined population or clinical setting.
Job Relationships: Responsible to: Department Director
Positions directly supervised: All personnel directly assigned to the department. Responsible for the activities of the nursing staff and unlicensed assistive personnel providing care, by incorporating knowledge of principles of state and local standards.
QualificationsEducation and formal training:
• Incumbent must be a registered nurse currently licensed in North Carolina, who possesses a Baccalaureate Degree in Health Related field OR obtain BSN within three years
• Incumbent should possess ability to motivate and lead personnel engaged in patient care or support activities
• Minimum of three to five years clinical nursing experience
• Clinical nursing knowledge appropriate to population of department
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
• Current licensure (or eligible) in the state of North Carolina as a Registered Nurse
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing or other healthcare related field OR completion of BSN within three years of hire
• Cognitive skill to safely administer medications
• Ability to interact with patients, families, physicians , ancillary and support staff
• Ability to effectively manage within an environment of emotional and physical stress
• Must meet employee health requirements of Caldwell Memorial Hospital
• Must be able to perform physical activity including but not limited to repetitive motions, feeling, grasping, fingering (pinching, typing, handling, etc), lifting, pulling, pushing, walking, standing, reaching, crouching and stooping
• Physical ability to perform all aspects of care including CPR on all patients ranging in age from infant to adult
• Auditory, sensory and visual ability to assess and provide nursing care
• Must have emotional stability to establish therapeutic relationships with patients/families, physicians, community resources and coworkers.